View Single Post
Old 2011-10-23, 17:05   Link #1
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Looking for romance anime/manga

UPDATED POST: to 12 FEBRUARY 13

I'm basically looking for any anime series or manga that contain romance;
- Animes: since i've finished most of the romances out there, any title that has little romance or even hints of romance is okay.
- Mangas: since there are still many titles out there, romance should be the main genre.

Subgenres: drama, comedy, school life, supernatural, psychological, sci-fi, fantasy, action, ecchi

This is a list of what i like and hate:

- I like to live the story in first person, so the protagonist must be male. I hate kid looking protagonists with a childish voice or crybabies. He also has to be above 14 years old or at least look like a boy/adult. My favorite protagonists are Kyon (from Haruhi Suzumiya), Houtarou (from Hyouka), Imamura(from Again!!), Okabe (from Steins;Gate), Light (from Death Note), Hei (from Darker than Black). A recurrent pattern is that they are either cold/apathetic/bored/cynical or just loners.

- Girls have to be cute/moe. I don't really like tomboysh girls; they are okay as long as they aren't more masculine than the male protagonist . Unattractive girls or simply bad artwork usually turns me off. Also, i prefer girls dependent on the protagonist.

- I don't mind harems, as long as the girls' routes are well managed and the protagonist isn't ridiculously indecisive or dense. There are harems like Nozoki Ana or Kimi no iru machi that stand as my favorite romances ever, but there are also annoying titles like shuffle and Ichigo 100% that just bore me on the long run.

- No depressing background (No hospitals, diseased characters or terminal patients). The most annoying thing is that i can't comprehend pity and, when showed these scenarios, i just get pissed. Avoid anything like that.

- I hate cat girls, or any other animal/human hybrid. I'm okay with demons/succubi like in Rosario + Vampire or To love Ru or Oretama. Basically, sexy demons are more than welcomed ;D

- I hate mecha and post apocalyptic animes. Don't even bother, really.

- I can't really stand homosexuality. Now, everyone is free of doing whatever they want and i do not care what they do, as long as it doesn't affect me in any way. This said, avoid yahoi (it simply disturbs me) and even yuri (the latter is just frustrating).

- I prefer titles that came after 2005. The priority is usually given to the newest titles but, if you think a certain title is simply deserving, suggest it anyways.

These are the animes and mangas i watched/read so far. I divided them in different categories, according to the genres:

ANIMES
Ecchi/Comedy/Romance
Spoiler for List 1:

Romance/comedy/drama/supernatural/action/sci-fi/psychological...
Spoiler for List 2:

Other genres
Spoiler for list 2.5:

Dropped
Fate/Zero 9.3 (I enjoed it a lot back then, but before the second season finished airing i had already lost interest. How sad)
Spoiler for List 3:

MANGAS
Ecchi/Comedy/Romance
Spoiler for list4:

Ecchi/Romance/Drama/Psychological/Supernatural
Spoiler for list5:

Dropped
Spoiler for list:

- Currently reading
Koibana Onsen - chap49 (Momentanly interrupted)
BTOOOM - chap48

- Currently watching

To read list
Spoiler for list7:

To watch list
Spoiler for list8:

Last edited by Classified Info; 2013-02-12 at 20:32. Reason: Updating
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote