View Single Post
Old 2011-10-29, 20:45   Link #19
Undertaker

Sorry, was away and didn't get home until now through a f@#king snow storm...

Anyway

Nogizaka haruka is a good one, If you enjoy that, try Ore no Imōto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai or Oreimo in short. You should really enjoy that as well, although it wasn't as focused on romance as you might want to (though some people would disagree)....

Since you already watched Suzuka, I'm not going to comment on it.

Ai Yori Aoshi is actually more of a 3rd person PoV so you shoud be safe. As for HatsuKoi Limited, it's kind of like Amagami SS in that thw series is more a bunch of mini story collection. As result some PoV are from girls and some from guys. Try it with hit/miss mentality, though the art is great.

FMP! Fumoffu is totally your thing, but unfortunatly the series is a weird one. FMP has a total of 3 anime series adapted from Light Novels. However the novels splits between 2 different styles. The main story is heavy mecha/sci-fi stuff with inter mitten short-story volumes that is filled with school comedy. But instead of following the novel chronologically, the anime adaption clearly took out the School volumes in the first series while and took away all main story element in the second series before going back to main story again in the third series named "The Second Raid".

The did makes it that you don't unnecessary needs to watch 1st (or the 3rd) series to enjoy FMP! Fumoffu, but you are going to find yourselves with a few background questions.

Make sure you give Oh My Goddess, despite the mark on the face, I think you would enjoy the series as it is one of the longest running seinen love comedy and the anime adaption did a fairly good job with a slightly limited budget.

If you like Ichiban Ushiro no Daimaou, make sure you also give Kore wa Zombie Desu ka? a shot. Yes, there are zombies and vampires in the show, but they are more of Rosario+Vampire type than High School of Dead.

Again both series are anime adaption of popular Light Novel, however as Ichiban isn't as well adapted as not as Kore wa Zombie, with too many detail left out of the adaption. Unfortunately, Ichiban is not nearly as big a hit as say Zero no Tsukaima, ToAru, and Shana, and adding the fact that anime was so-so in rating, it's unlikely Ichiban will get a second season it need to flush out more of its story.

And after all this, I think it probably save for me to say you should enjoy Baka Test. Because the character dynamic in that series is more similar to To Love than TGWOK. The part where Baka Test is similar to TGWOK is that both series features very heavy school scenes and has similar take on humor and are both well-constructed series.

Last edited by Undertaker; 2011-10-29 at 21:00.
Undertaker is offline   Reply With Quote