View Single Post
Old 2012-10-21, 00:47   Link #47
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyRedLeaf View Post
In any project, team members have to balance quality with time and cost. If it were possible, I would love nothing more than to take all the time and money I need to ensure that an article is fully copy-edited, fact-checked, sub-edited and proofread. Not once, but thrice-over.

Unfortunately, I don't. I am forced to execute the best I can within my constraints.

I imagine the same agony exists for many anime production committees.

If I were in their position, I would feel very much like saying, "Hmm, OK. Thanks for telling me the obvious. Unless you have more specific advice to help me cope with my specific challenges, I'll get on with my job..."

Don't get me wrong. I'm all for getting feedback from viewers. But when the feedback basically amounts to, "You know, your 'execution' sucked, why couldn't you have done it the way so-and-so done it in this-and-that project, which I thought was great (I don't really care if that this-and-that project wasn't what you were trying to achieve, just give me what I want)... Well, that's not really what I call constructive feedback.
I guess I have to re-ask zarqu’s question to you:
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarqu View Post
That begs the question, of course: are the "best" (most original, most striking etc.) anime out there produced free of these constraints?
@TinyRedLeaf
You think that well-executed show like Madoka Magica isn’t restricted by money & time? It's as restricted as Guilty Crown and Aquarion EVOL, but the difference in execution really shows due to some factors I mentioned in my previous post.

And I’m not talking about whether anime studios makes profit or not. I’m talking about difference in execution even though they have the same “technical resource” (a.k.a. time & money). The difference is the people who work on it and how well they do their job.