Thread: Persona 5
View Single Post
Old 2013-07-08, 18:19   Link #14
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
so what system is P5 going to be develop on?
My money's on Playstation 3. Japanese gamers tend to be pretty slow to move to a new platform, and a 2014 release on the older console is a lot more attractive. I think that the Xbone, Wii U and 3DS can also be ruled out, although Vita is still a distant possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarami View Post
That's the thing. The question here is who should pick or collaborate with Atlus if Index goes under. There are many options regarding that, but it's the matter of which studio or company is right for the job.

If a buy out does occur I hope Microsoft doesn't pick this up. If that were the case then RIP Persona series "shudders in fear".
The most likely of the console manufacturers to pick up Atlus is Sony. Atlus is a valued property, so there's a decent chance that a different publisher like Marvelous AQL buys them out instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Here's the thing though, with the PS4 said to be much more easier to develop for wouldn't it be possible that they just skip the much harder PS3 altogether?
If Atlus were to develop on the PS4, they'd have to learn the toolset whereas that wouldn't be necessary on the PS3 given the experience working on Catherine. PS4 would probably be the home of Atlus' projects 2015 onwards. There will be a lot more sales on PS3 anyways.