View Single Post
Old 2007-05-08, 00:59   Link #61
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Telliamed View Post
So Hirano singing well (Sore ga Ai Deshou) is bad.
And Hirano singing poorly (Chala Head Chala) is bad?

Whatever. I liked this weeks ED. I'd especially be interested in seeing a live performance of it.
Well yeah basically it isn't really a good thing and I use that to differentiate from saying its a bad thing, I think "Not A Good Thing" suffices. I see it this way with regard too these two endings:

Basically why not both well done or neither well done? It kind of seems like they wanted to play favourites with their own series here, or maybe not that they are playing favourites, but are afraid of backlash so they treaded carefully with S.A.D. But from who are they afraid of backlash? Their own fanbase? There are a lot of Full Metal Panic Fumoffu fans, but there are still even more Dragon Ball Z fans out there who might not take this rendition so well. Are they not entitled to a faithful rendition like the Fumoffu fans?

That's all I can garner from it that it's studio politics that govern the endings. Either that or they think the only way to do a female cover of a male sung song is to belt it out at max volume with zero regard for how the song is supposed to go.

On the technical and logical side of it as far as the series continuity is concerned, I personally happen to think they went a little overkill on the bad karaoke side of it, especially since the last time we heard Konata sing, which wasn't even 2 episodes ago, it was a faithful rendition. Why go back? Why go in either direction? why not just start good from the beginning if you have the talent to do so? It just doesn't make any sense. Even if it is a comedy series, Konata's never been afraid to showcase her talents, it's one of the major parts of her character. That's kind of how I see it. Even though some might say Chala Head Chala isn't a serious song and it doesn't really matter if its sung that way, maybe others such as myself think it deserves a little bit of justice, the same kind of justice that Sorega Ai Deshou got. I'm not really complaining as I can listen to the original song any time I want, but I think it's just kind of bizarre that Konata morph's into the Uber Singer for one episode and then a female Will Hung in the next.

You can see a live performance here with incredibly goofy costumes.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-05-08 at 01:32.