View Single Post
Old 2007-08-10, 20:46   Link #53
Willowwhisp

I liked the Episode, but it had flaws.

- Notably, the animation in the Gai and Lee fights. Pretty much 10 seconds of action looped over several times in many parts. All of the clone-fights took up WAY more time than they're worth. WAY too much time wasted (reinforcing their worthless position as fillers).

- Storyline progress. All in all, not much was made. A stage of the Sakura and Sasori fight was the only progress, and since that fight still seems far from over, I don't consider that to be much progress at all.

- The animation for Kakashi and Naruto chasing Deidara (this has been a recurring problem). The jumping through the logs is one of the most unconvincing things I've seen in Shippuden. It looks absolutely terrible in my opinion. Much like the Gai and Lee's scenes, I suspect much of this is old film looped as well.

The good though:

- Only one scene spent on Naruto. I'm glad they've learnt this lesson from previous episodes. If Naruto is going to spend this saga of eps being worthless, keep it to a minimum. Although, this is also a flaw, since most of us have stopped caring about the title character.

- I felt the Fight scenes for Sakura and Sasori were all good IMO, good enough to keep me satisfied at least.

- The flashbacks were well placed, at least in my opinion. In particular, the one in regards to the poison (of which I'd completely forgotten).

- The emphasis on Sakura's growth. The "inner thoughts" of her analysing Sasori's movements in particular. This also ties in with the flashbacks, where they demonstrated the training with Tsunade, but also in Chiyo's thoughts and Sasori's acknowledgement of her power.

- The ending. This is not here because it was a surprise, because it obviously wasn't, but just the fact that they slotted this in BEFORE the next episode. The fact that they made the fight progress at least one stage, rather than drag it out into the next episode, should probably be seen as a good thing (although generally, the fact that it took a whole episode to get through this stage is a bad thing). I'm glad that they didn't try to cliff-hanger that, because it'd be pretty insulting to our intelligence if they did. This also ties in with the previous point for me, Sakura's plan is another sign of her growth.

In general, the past few episodes have managed to make me like Sakura (which is something I haven't done since her Fight in the Chuunin exams with the Sound Genins). That's definitely a good thing (although in exchange, they sacrificed my interest in Naruto completely).

I gave it a 7, although in hindsight, I should've given it a 6. Laying it out in words made me realise how little plot advancement was made.
Willowwhisp is offline   Reply With Quote