View Single Post
Old 2009-03-31, 04:56   Link #1214
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinMasaki View Post
While you can say that the character is the character he is because of the story, I still feel he is OOC. His actions and decisions that formed his way of life and his foundation for living when shadowed with the deaths of all those from the fire...I feel there is no way he can abandon these as easily as he does in HF. From the start, because of this, HF feels more like a fanfic to me than an actual story meant to be canon with the universe provided by the previous stories of Fate and UBW.

If you look at the previous two stories as a base for Shirou's development as a person, this sudden change of personality can only really be described as OOC. Much like looking at a fanfic story and say...Rin spontaneously is a nice person and ends up going on a date with Issei...the personality is forcefully changed simply to make them fit in the story...that's what I call OOC, and that's how I feel Shirou is in HF.
By that logic you could just as easily say that Archer at the end of UBW is OOC, or Ilya for switching sides so quickly. While I agree that the switch to abandon his ideals is a rather drastic one, and written a tad to rushed for my tastes, it is by no means a rare occurrence in stories, not even Fate itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShinMasaki View Post
AN answer =//= THE answer. Only means it is a possibility.
I'm still confused as to how the whole answer thing makes a route the true one. Or what makes the former two questions at all. I mean, hell, you could just as easily switch UBW and Heavens Feel in order of play and have UBW be an answer.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote