View Single Post
Old 2012-07-18, 17:27   Link #52
itachi-san314

the obito theory isn't just about obito. it also involves madara's chakra which accounts for the knowledge and ability tobi possesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Please forgive me for not wading through that incoherent trainwreck. Which isn't meant as an insult to anyone in particular, I recall I added to it myself too.

Anyway, what are the more obvious "hints" that I seem to have missed?
lol yea there is a lot there... some worth mentioning:

1) writing: the names tobi and obito are very similar. the timeliness of kakashi gaiden and tobi's introduction

2) body: placement of eyes, heavy damage to body, use of zetsu body which could account for how obito's body was preserved, similar vortex MS techniques as Kakashi who has obito's other eye

3) knowledge: knows kakashi and gai's personalities as if he was from their generation. knows all about kakashi's kamui technique and said it was useless against him. knows a lot of things madara would have known

4) personality: tobi has shown 2 distinct personalities and voices. the playful one resembles obito not taking things seriously. the serious one is akin to madara

5) theme: if tobi is in part obito then it fits the running theme of student/student relationships and student/teacher relationships and fights. he 'killed' his teacher minato and is now facing off against his comrade kakashi. that echoes orochi vs sarutobi, pain vs jiraiya, sasuke vs naruto, etc...

6) tobi never tried to take kakashi's sharingan. why? also it is just too fitting to have kakashi involved in this fight in which he doesn't belong otherwise

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZGoten View Post
I don't get why people dislike the Obito theory
haters gonna hate... to not even acknowledge the theory as possible and reasonable at this point is just silly and stubborn

edit: also, let me just point out that gai has met tobi's true identity/face. that eliminates almost every other theory

Last edited by itachi-san314; 2012-07-18 at 17:38.
itachi-san314 is offline   Reply With Quote