View Single Post
Old 2007-02-08, 12:26   Link #20
MysticNinjaJay
Ninja Emperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeDe View Post
I think a lot of Naruto fanboys sort of live vicariously through Naruto. They want him to be awesome, be attractive to all the hot girls they like, and to own all the bad guys. He's their proxy. The geeky loser who becomes the popular guy and replaces the pretty emo boy Sasuke as Homecoming King.

But I like that Naruto is still goofy no matter how powerful he is. I admit I am not a fangirl of him, but there is a charm in him being the underdog. Give him too much power and he becomes hard to root for. I like my shonen heroes to be flawed. And it's not like he hasn't shown maturity with some of his lines in Part 2.
There's no need to be eccentric about it.

All I am saying is that there were moments where Naruto puts on a clutch performance to show that he is growing.

He has done this several times and it always reminds us that HE is the main character and though he is a goof at heart he is improving.

I'd never want Naruto to be Sasuke. Naruto's goofy personality does have a charm to it, but when it comes to important fighting situations like this one against Kakuzu, hyping up his new jutsu and then turning him into a bumbling oaf in the middle of battle is just stupid.

Look at Jiraiya. He's an immature pervert. He can have his silly moments too when in good taste, but he is also a good ninja.

Naruto used to have his moments too but I think Kishi is picking the wrong moments to remind us that "Naruto is Naruto".