View Single Post
Old 2012-08-05, 09:14   Link #69
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Suffice it to say, Chiyu definitely has something planned. When you see her face for an instant just as she calls out her attack, it has the look of "I'm doing this because I have to, certainly not because I want to". Obviously, as was already discussed in the thread, the debate is "what could she be planning"? The one thing I thought about is that, in this fight, Haru played all his cards, and just beating him in this one battle wasn't going to end the war, nor guarantee that he'd get his wings back. Even if they did win, they'd constantly have to be on the lookout for what his next move would be, plus he already let on that he's not alone. So no matter how good this victory would have felt, it was only a small step. But now that Chiyu did what she did, it muddies the waters of Noumi's planning, and makes him think he's still got an ace up his sleeve. I don't believe for a second that Chiyu is loyal to anyone but Haru and Taku, but I also don't think they really thought through the "what happens next" question. For all we know, defeating him there might have been worse than having it end as a draw. Chiyu is playing a dangerous game, but she obviously has something in mind.

(And the fact is, both of them were acting on her own without consulting her (thinking they were doing her a favour), and this is sort of what they get for not trusting her enough to be in on the plan. It's pretty clear that she's been taking her own steps all this time, just as they have. And, incidentally, I also suspect that Kuroyukihime also knows more than she's letting on, but her question to Haru was to see if he wanted to talk about it. Though the minor victory we saw was due to teamwork, they're still not totally trusting each other and really working as a team, each still thinking they need to be strong on their own. Even Haru's comment about wanting to protect vs. being protected is not really the point; they all need to be equals protecting each other.)
This is pretty much my line of thought exactly. Almost immediately after I said "WTF?" I was thinking that she had to have her reasons, most likely attempting to protect the triumvirate friendship. We'll get an explanation out of her later.

However, the question remains. How did she get there, and how was she able to use her special ability? I suppose that might be answered later as well.

I wonder when we'll see Noumi's "friends"?

Endless "Steal. Steal. Steal." Soul