Thread: Licensed Cross game
View Single Post
Old 2009-09-16, 17:14   Link #1044
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyWuzzy View Post
Why is he completing that list anyway? No sane person would do something like that. Kou doesn't seem like he is interested in Wakaba as a lover anyway.

"Oh it's my birthday. What better way to spend it other than to get a gift for my dead friend who I will no longer see, have no use for such things and is already 6 feet under".

Of course, there will be something in store or something about this in the future episodes. This kind of action will most likely have some kind of repercussion with Kou's love life in the future. It will most likely make Aoba jealous and make her feel very insecure. Aoba will be like-

"Kou's doing this for Wakaba. Guess I cannot really compare myself to my sister cause she is too perfect and everybody loves her while I'm being Emo about baseball and now I'm going to be Emo about this too".
Everyone grieves in their own way. It's very arrogant to assume that if they do something other than you would that that makes them less sane.

OF course it does show a fixation on Wakaba, which of courses makes it difficult for Kou to "move on". But that's the point, Kou doesn't want to move on. He doesn't want to forget Wakaba, he wants to remember her always. It's very touching.

Actually I'd say this dynamic is what makes Aoba the only viable potential romance for Kou. Other women would have to struggle with jealously- "Kou loves this dead girl more than me". They would want Kou to eventually forget Wakaba and make a life with them. Aoba on the other hand loves Wakaba, and also doesn't want to forget her. While there still is the obstacle of comparing herself to her sister (which we know she already does- remember the cooking episode?), once that is overcome Aoba wouldn't want Kou to forget Wakaba. Instead they could remember Wakaba together.

(Heck, Aoba might even convince herself that "taking care of Kou" is what her sister would have wanted her to do- cause lets face it, as good a guy as Kou is, he really needs a woman looking after him. Otherwise he'll spend all his effort making others happy and not be happy himself.)
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote