Thread: Licensed Yosuga no Sora
View Single Post
Old 2010-11-02, 16:00   Link #1028
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
Its quite sad that they can only have 2 episodes for each arc unlike Amagami with 4 episodes... It sorta speeds through the romance as you said Skyfall, trying to cram everything in there... The bath scene in fast pace seemed to be put well.. If it wasn't for the fact that it only had 2 episodes..
I'm satisfied with how this anime is handling things.
I think the pacing is fine. I mean, it's fast of course, but it's not too fast.
To be honest the 4 episodes / 5 episodes each story thing is imo doing a better job than some OVAs having the same amount of episodes (though to be frank I can't think of examples right now) in terms of pacing, amount of events etc.
Whether the pacing would be more favourable if it was 24~26 episodes is questionable but it would kinda make the resetting to a certain point a bit more difficuilt as there'd probably be more important things to remember, which isn't like eating candy considering it's 4 different stories.
And only watching your favoured arc(s) isn't too good either since each story kinda sets the other stories up in regards to background info and such.
edit: Actually, considering that Amagami has the same format (or so I heard since I don't watch it) my above comment was probably bullshit and might just refer to my personal position. <.<

On another note, I actually have quite a few friends that would have liked the bathing scene to be more detailed and longer (and I personally wouldn't have minded it either).
Yeah, uh... don't mind me.