View Single Post
Old 2011-11-29, 10:51   Link #769
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
Damn, I feel like I just had a really bad trip after watching a bit of that. But it does place in perspective how even considering that the plot is virtually identical each and every time they really took the time to redo the episode for every single version. Utterly insane in my book!

Anyway and back on topic: did people really expect KyoAni to speed up? Do people who say that even consider why is it that, even when the shows flop, KyoAni's works always exibit a considerable amount of technical quality on virtually every level related to their production?

If you look back the single time when they actually speed up we got the "K-On'ification" of Haruhi's designs and corresponding rage by the fans that KyoAni was "loosing it's edge".

Quality takes time and KyoAni has always been very good at managing it so don't expect them to suddenly up their pace. If they did that it wouldn't be hard picturing them turning into something like J.C.Staff or, Haruhi forbid, Deen.

I'm as saddened as everyone else here for not to having more Haruhi (and even sadder still for not having more Full Metal Panic!) but I for one will give KyoAni the same benefit of the doubt I gave them with Nichijou. Heck, I started out thinking that show was sub-par and ended up enjoying it when the second halve reveled itself quite entertaining even if it never reached genius levels.