View Single Post
Old 2012-12-28, 22:30   Link #170
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
I know that fake confession (and the ensuing "battle" against Sasuke) was where she went from being my favorite character (barely above Kakashi) to bottom of the barrel. It was basically the perfect character assassination. I'd actually say she was worse off than she was before part 2, since before part 2 you still had hope she could wind up powerful like Tsunade.
Sakura did think she has to sacrifice herself that way to save Naruto, the author made it clear. Her actions were not contradicting her character either in my opinion. Such a fake confession story element can also be found in romance stories. So Kishimoto can use that she screwed up that so badly to make some character development that she needs. But this war is not the time for Sakura, i think it will be the story arc that ends in the Sasuke vs Naruto battle that we will see Sakura more. And my guess is that by then she'll be better, having learned the lesson of her fake confession and her failed assassination attempt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Ya i would NEVER bring up DBZ as an example of "what a writer could do" because DBZ has some of the worst romance writing than any series. Seriously, the only reason it even exist is because toriyama wanted babies for his main characters and sex is a part of that... Its just aweful and forced and it seems that kishi is following his path
DBZ doesn't have romance obviously, that was the point, that all these action shonen manga are not meant to be romantic shojo mangas. And keeping that in mind if we look how much romance stuff is in Naruto i think it's a lot. Also what kind of romance would you expect from girls that are raised to be hardcore warriors? Surely not the usual school girl stuff that you see in average anime. I don't see anything forced in this manga regarding romance, it's simply not in the focus of the story, it's left for the imagination.

Last edited by Ero-Senn1n; 2012-12-28 at 22:45.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote