View Single Post
Old 2013-01-25, 23:06   Link #5680
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Like I said, Uzumi was fighting in his own way. That’s the way I see it and I simply accept what he was doing.
Yeah, but I don't see how you can come up with that message to the world stuff or not wanting to be humiliated.

The way I see it, he let himself die simply as punishment for failing Orb.
Quote:
There are a lot of blanks that can be filled by our interpretations. Individual interpretation of a work of art that left a blank space is never false.
Individual interpretation must still have basis on the work itself. The anime presented a peaceful country and you're talking about people having problems and then crying foul when you don't get that. That's not a valid interpretation of the show.
Quote:
I was talking in the context of what Uzumi’s thinking. Yes, I realised that, technically, ORB is conquered. I’m not ignoring anything about that. But that’s not what Uzumi thought when he sent Cagalli to escape.
Yeah, but again, a country's ideal should be bigger than any one person. For Uzumi to do what he did shows a disregard toward that ideal.
Quote:
His nation is already lost,
Not at that point.
Quote:
the civilians is already evacuating,
They did not evacuate the country. They evacuated the places near military bases.
Quote:
and ORB's military already fighting
Exactly. If this ideal was so important, then they should've continued the fight and not reduce their military strength.
Quote:
Even if Archangel and Kusanagi and the MSs inside them were to fight, they will still lose against the AF's overwhelming power.
We don't know that. Freedom alone was capable of keeping up with Destiny era mobile suits. It certainly could help against mere Strike Daggers.
Quote:
I never take it out on you. I’m just stating my own opinion about the writing of this series.
Oh, I don't get personal on these types of discussions (or at least, I try not to). I was talking about Orb in Destiny of course.
Quote:
It’s not only about what she thinks. It’s about what she already knows (that Minerva was fighting those who dropped Junius 7).
Well, unfortunately, Orb cannot make a decision based only on what Cagalli thinks she knows without any proof.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote