View Single Post
Old 2012-09-09, 02:20   Link #30450
Kealym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
There's always Kealym's answer, that Shannon and Kanon were always "2 people". They just only had 1 body in every episode but EP5, where they had 2 bodies (each had their own). It gets around "Besides her, the number of people on this island is exactly the same as it was in the previous games." Although in the logic error Shannon + Kanon certainly seem to only contribute 1 to the person count.

I still suspect that the key to EP5's Kanon-Shannon thing has to do with the complete lack of any objective narrator.
Well, in my idea's full conception, Battler is also pulling a bit of a dirty trick for Erika in EP6 because he knows that she THINKS that there are 18 living bodies, every time. Also, I'd say that Kanon's separate quantitative personhood was established by a few reds in EP1-4, so if it runs afould of the Logic Error solution, I can only shrug and go "eh, Ryukishi's writing ability, folks."

"Lack of objective narrator" is certainly possible, but it seems to smack every notion of common sense in the face.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Regarding the Kanon-Sakutaro comparison.
Yeah, that was all very interesting. Obviously, it was being presented to US in two ways - the way it probably happened in reality, and the way Maria chose to interpret that reality. And then in EP5 we got Natsuhi's old diary's ... and in the next EP we're told that Kyrie kept a diary of sorts as well. At that point I just figured every woman in the cast was going to be revealed as having kept one, so it wasn't all that surprising when Eva's became a huge deal.

Heck, if we had just gotten one from Rosa, it'd have been a Royal Mom Bitterness Flush..!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morisato View Post
Is there a site somewhere with organized summaries/spoilers of the last couple games?
I agree with just reading through the games, yourself. There's a certain ... quality that you really, really aren't gonna get from even the most robust summary, that effects how you feel about alot of stuff. It's hard to describe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestSpeaker View Post
That is unless you have 9 hours and enjoy Rosa culprit theory
Har, you know even though Knownomore's theory is kinda silly and crazy, I always DID like me a Rosa culprit theory. When I realy thought about it, she was the only one of the adults I could really "accept" as a culprit.
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote