View Single Post
Old 2012-09-09, 09:14   Link #30458
jjblue1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifloon View Post
I never understand why people ask things like this. What is it that makes people so reluctant to just read the VNs themselves?
Well, it's the most common way to handle any other story from what I've seen in other fandoms so far.
It also looks way faster and generally easier than getting the 4 missing episodes of the visual novel and read them all. Plus who's asking is often someone who had seen the anime only so he/she might be willing to watch a second anime series but not be interested in reading a long tale... especially if they don't know about Witch Hunt's awesome job at translating it.

Another keypoint is that who read the visual novel might know the importance of reading it while who hasn't... likely doesn't.

Since I've also started with the anime I know the feeling of thinking that a summary of the second part might solve everything and it was thanks to a friend who was into the visual novel and told me a couple of things about how great was the visual novel compared to the anime and how a mere summary couldn't just cover it all that I decided to read the visual novel (my first visual novel by the way).

So I think that everyone who's unfamiliar with visual novels and gets to know Umineko by the anime is more prone to ask for a summary than decide to go through the visual novel.

Of course this doesn't apply to everyone but probably to a good amount of the anime viewers.
jjblue1 is offline   Reply With Quote