View Single Post
Old 2007-07-31, 17:47   Link #1626
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
At the end of episode 17, the guy that always talk in the background says that in episode 18 there's going to be dragon vs. hamster (Nagi vs. Nishizawa) but "due to scheduling issue" they swap episode 18 and episode 20 (said so at the beginning of episode 18.) So I expect to see Nagi and Nishizawa head-on in episode 20, and since the beach episode was originally episode 20, I think the mountain class episode will be the 21st episode.
I haven't read the manga, but I thought the "mountain class" was just a ruse. The whole point of episode 18/20 was how annoying Schmidt was, and how he totally ruined what would have otherwise been a normal beach trip/episode. So, I think his gag is done, and we're now back to the regularly scheduled story. I assume that's the reason they could swap 18 and 20 without consequence.

And I do find it ironic how so many people are complaining about episode 18, given that that was the point of the episode. Messing with the expectations of the fans was exactly what they were trying to do! And "give me back my time" was exactly how the characters felt. Nothing like an in-joke when you're in on it.
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote