View Single Post
Old 2009-10-10, 23:05   Link #16713
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post

2. The Device has been left inactive since it was wrecked by its previous owner. Recall that it took the Wolkenritter to damage Raising Heart and Bardiche to the point that they need external support to fix themselves. The TSAB would have... questions for how Chris wrecked Shining Hope by himself, and how come he's still alive. Since it'll be going to a Bureau meister for repairs eventually, Bureau attention will be cast on the incident eventually too. So, put some thought into this.

About Jarentil, we did give you good enough pointers, right? For Heimdall, how about "cannons powerful enough to one-shot the Cradle?" Anything less would require 2 or more sats to kill an equivalent target, and you can be sure the people who thought up the idea had it looming over their heads.
About Jarentil, yeah. Basically, what it boiled down to was, "tweak the status of TSAB membership within the chapter so that I don't initiate a debate over how the TSAB operates politically in a late chapter of a fic that doesn't center around TSAB politics and which has no effect on the story of Jarentil anyway." Or in other words, don't let a throwaway reference in the backstory get people's backs up.

And ditto for Heimdall. It's just a matter of doing the rewriting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
I'm sorry, I don't quite understand this... can you explain a little more?
JimmyC will have to correct me on this if I screw up, but:

Breaking an Intelligent Device to the point where it needs repair from an external source has been shown to be very difficult. Therefore one option would be--particularly if Chris doesn't actually use Shining Hope in combat--for him to have inherited her pre-broken. That way, the TSAB doesn't start looking at Chris and saying things like, "Just who are you and what were you doing that got this Intelligent Device so badly damaged?" He can answer that it wasn't he who broke it. Or he can lie about it and say the same thing even if he was doing something that broke it, depending of course if the repairing Meister can tell how recently the damage occurred (actually, that's a thought--if Mariel, say, repairs what she knows is recent damage but someone else takes Chris's story, is told that the device was pre-broken, files their report, and no one thinks to cross-check the two reports until later and they're Looking For Clues. Of course, it's only relevant if Chris is some kind of Suspicious Character.).
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote