View Single Post
Old 2011-10-11, 19:27   Link #190
Rethice
Kingslayer

Send a message via AIM to Rethice Send a message via MSN to Rethice
Loving the show so far. I am one of the unlucky sods that hasn't read the LN, but I've played the F/SN VN and watched the anime adaption (which lacked, but I still enjoyed for the atmosphere).

I really like the way they're addressing a lot of questions that went unexplained by the F/SN anime, such as what happened to Matou Sakura, and actually giving a bit of an explanation as to why King Arthur is a woman, as opposed to Shirou's immediate hormone-driven acceptance of the fact. Score for him, I guess.

I would recommend everybody investigate FS/N -before- F/Z, if only the anime if you lack the patience for a VN, for two reasons.

1. F/Z tips its hat to F/SN viewers with surprisingly long appearances of what would otherwise seem like otherwise unimportant characters like loli Rin.

2. F/Z seems to have a lot of answers, while F/SN has the questions. Better to ask the questions before you get the answers I say.

Overall, I'm quite surprised how much I'm enjoying F/Z. I thought it would hold little interest due to already knowing who won the 4th Holy Grail war, but it's finding plenty of alternative ways to hold my attention, such as a brilliant introduction of Bluebeard, and some great character establishment scenes such as the discussion between Saber and the Einzbern.

Question though, they made a big issue in F/SN about the fact that Shirou had zero magical capabilities, and yet it was so rare that he managed to summon a servant, however...

In F/Z I see multiple combatants with low or zero magical capabilities, isn't that strange?