View Single Post
Old 2004-03-10, 20:15   Link #1
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

How annoying is it when people inject Japanese into their speech?

This poll is spawned from a thread derailing where a lot of people said "otaku", "baka", "eeto...", and so forth.

Here's a little parody to show you what I mean when I say "annoying". (The thread is hilarious, by the way.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belldandy
Hi everyone! I am Jacob! I am 18 years old and I LOVE anime! One could say that anime is my life! I like anime because its SO SUGOI (thats japanese for cool!). The japanese are great artists and totally can connect with me unlike baka (thats japanese for dumb!) american movies. My favorite animes are Neon Genesis Evangelion, Akira, and DragonBall Z. They TOTALLY rule.

I am what you would call an otaku. For those of you who are not in with japanese culture, an otaku is a lover of anime! I am proud to be an otaku and it is my mission in life to convert everyone! You could say I am an Otaking! SUGOI!
edit: I forgot this post, which was made in total, grave seriousness:
Quote:
Originally Posted by niu-niu
Im looking for a bento box, it cant be pinku (thats japanese for pink) or any girl color. It has to be of 2 or more kotoba (thats japanese for 2 compartments) and has be be chibi (small) sized. And has to be really kawaii (cute). Also It has to be about 10-20 bux. And you have to post pics of it first (i want to make shure it's kawaii (cute)). And it would be nice if it came with matching chopstick holder (WITH chopsticks). OH! and it CANNOT have any cartoon pictures, or be made out of plastic. It has to be made of ceramic, or something like that. Also it would be nice if it was made in japan. and not in china or corea (korea) or whatever. I have found a bento box similar to the one im describing in e-bay, but it was 1 kotoba, and i dont want my gohan (rice) to touch my other things (it can get wet and i would not like that, plus 2 compartments looks more kawaii)

Last edited by Shii; 2004-03-10 at 20:28. Reason: parody
Shii is offline   Reply With Quote