View Single Post
Old 2012-03-29, 19:27   Link #40
Vena
Carpe Diem

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
That would be unfortunate indeed - although if that's the case I can't help but wonder if there's a tiny little bit of a double standard at work here, looking at some comments about Amata and/or Mikono (and AmataxMikono).
What would we do without double-standards? Have meaningful discussions? Pass.

Spoiler for Erroneous Mathematical Equalities:

I have made my illogical argument of sound logic. I'd like to see any one do any better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miketyson View Post
Vena: I've actually seen some fan art that had Kagura as done up as Bowser.
But when did Bowser ever fail to steal Princess Peach? I say its backwards, Amawser!

Quote:
On a more serious note, I was trying to make a narrower point. In terms of backstory and "identity" Amata seems more wide open and Kagura seems more constrained. In terms of character development I think Kagura has more room than Amata ("nowhere to go but up?").
Character wise I think, and that overly verbose brick up top was aimed at this point, that both Amata and Kagura have equivalent room to develop as characters and that their central pivot is the same but the paths are different. Kagura can gain a lot from interaction time with Mikono, Amata has likely already dried out that well (its been half the show, after all). So, while one serves to garner a huge benefit from time with Mikono, the other would benefit more from losing said central pivot at this point (even if it were to be reacquired at a later time).

Quote:
Time will tell if there's anything to my "sick of reincarnation/lovers suicide(?)" idea for Kagura (...and Mikono?). I came up with it when I realized the simplest explanation for a wedding in mourning clothes would be if it was a wedding that was going to become a funeral, , and it definitely seems like that angle *could* explain a fair amount of nagging little things about Kagura (and Mikono, and Mykage, etc.).

You make a good point about how much Amata and Kagura are mirror images of each other, a bit more than I thought. Both Mikono-obsessed, both being groomed by mysterious entities, both apparently quasi-orphans...
I'll leave the *sick reincarnation* aside since Kagura's direction as a character is any body's guess at this point, the only thing we know (and hopefully this remains true for the sake of his integrity as a character) is that his future is going to be very Mikono dependent.

Your list sure does make things sound... dark. But I cannot help but root for the underdog (and literal dog at times) if it comes down to it. Amata's had it too easy.