View Single Post
Old 2010-09-08, 11:13   Link #33
Midnight Commander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Yes, isn't it great ? I realise that men are the centerfold of a shonen series, but you know what? As far as I know, many men also love to see WOMEN; kicking ass (consistently) and being more than just a pretty face, chest and waist.
I agree its nice to see a good looking women who are strong and capable, but in this manga, I don't really care either way. I'm reading this manga because I like the plot, and the type of fighting and techniques used in this universe, and I love battles that require plenty strategy. If theres a sexy girl somewhere in the middle, hey, cool. But there is a whole genre of mangas (if im not mistaken) where women are "consistently" the strongest characters in the story. So to me, complaining about the lack of consistency regarding sexy strong women in a shounen makes as much sense as complaining about the lack of poultry in a vegan supermarket; when theres a dedicated market that specifically satisfies that very demand...

I can understand people's frustration though; their favorite female is worthless (usually Hinata or Sakura), so they just abandon all hope in frustration. But its not that serious guys, lighten up. Its not like you're reading along just for the girls are you? (if you are, there is yet another niche that should satisfy your needs )

Anyway cool pics! Way to go Konan!
Midnight Commander is offline   Reply With Quote