View Single Post
Old 2010-11-03, 06:47   Link #91
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
It's not really cheap drama though. Specifically, Kabuto is a genius at information gathering. From his time as a spy for Sasori and Orochimaru, to the info given to Naruto on the various Akatsuki, to his knowledge of Madara's secret ("What's in the Box!") as well as Zetsu's, all these pieces of info were used at strategic times to influence and shape the Shinobi world. So, is it really that weird that he would use several emotional attacks mixed in with the standard barrages of overpowering attacks (Hell, even going back to Orochimaru, the main reason he summoned the Kages was to mess with Sarutobi, Orochimaru by himself could have defeated the old man, but he wanted to destroy Sarutobi, so he used Edo Tensei)? Nearly every single one of Kabuto's new summons (and several of the old summons) has emotional resonance with Key alliance members (Gaara's uncle; Shikimaru's teacher; Chiyo-baba (for Sakura?)); Neji's Dad (for the entire Hyuuga clan); etc) and with their respective village. So, in one move Kabuto can completely change the shape of the battlefield.
That's a very good point. Even so, I still can't help but feel this is a cheap way for the author to create drama, even if it makes sense in the current context. I'm aware it's temporary, but I just hate mass resurrections. Since Kabuto seems to be able to bring back whoever he's heard of... couldn't he just summon Rikudou sennin? We seriously need more explanations about the workings of Edo Tensei.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fukitsu Naruto View Post
-Well I'll be damned. And I was just thinking today about how much I want to see Haku again. Well its not the kind of revival I had in mind but I guess its kinda cool. But am I the only one to think this Edo Tensei is far too powerful? I mean, Kabuto just unearthed roughly 20+ shinobi from the dead and he's not the least bit fatigued.
Haku and Zabuza's return is what bothers me the most, actually. I've got such good memories of their arc (still my favorite arc in Naruto up to this day) and their original deaths ; I'm very much afraid the upcoming chapters are going to ruin that

Ah well, no need to dwell on that, what's done is done. It should be cool to see Haku in action again, his jutsu was one of the best in the series.