View Single Post
Old 2010-12-06, 11:15   Link #61
ion475
にこにこにー

I seriously don't know what people are expecting in terms of development. It makes a serious introduction to Kanako (This is the first episode in which she appeared more than 10 seconds) and well, her character. Nothing more, nothing less, and people are not satisfied b/c it doesn't involved Kirino suddenly going all deredere and sleep with Kyousuke, or Ayase confessing to Kyousuke (At least Kyousuke was waiting for it XD).

Quote:
Kanako didn't develop, she just made a British otaku, who flew all the way from London specifically for this contest, cry.
Well, treat this episode as the first serious introduction of Kanako...

Quote:
Kurt Vonnegut (Slaughter house 5) once listed the 8 rules for short stories, and I am going to list them because I pretty much agree and think they are very applicable to what is so far just a 1 cour anime (1 cour is pretty short).
Seriously, comparing a non-original 1 cour anime and a short story just doesn't apply. You have the adaptation (novel) going on, and your role as an animator is to adapt the material, although having some freedom here and there. But if they go completely off topic, loyal novel reader (like me) would be super-piss and I'm pretty sure wrath of 2ch would be worse. Best solution? Use the novel stuff, cut something here and there while add in stuff here and there for the whole story to at least make sense.

Lastly, in case you don't know, the anime (as of right now) would branch at episode 11. Episode 12 on TV would be the original ending (So at least makes people that only watch this 1 cour having a conclusion), with Internet broadcast Episode 12-15 being adaptation (of Vol. 5, I assume) b/c it's just hard to stop the anime at the cliffhanger of Vol. 4. 2nd season? Probably won't be until the novel nearly finish.

If anything you want to complain, it's the consequences of adapting from material that's still going on - you can never have a good stopping point b/c the story rolls over to next chapter / volume all the time.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2010-12-06 at 11:44.