View Single Post
Old 2012-07-18, 20:47   Link #57
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Methuselah View Post
People shouldn't try to further analysis stuff like this with the earliest chapters of the manga.....

The author obviously thought up and retconned many things throughout the manga.

Heck, Jiraiya's Sage Mode was introduced during the Pain Arc. It wasn't even hinted before that.

Which I chuckle at the thought. The term Legendary Sages of Three was originally about 3 ninjas who made a reputation of itself to the Kohana village because of skills - not because they can transform into Super Seiyan with overpowering and inhuman jutsus that can hollow mountains and single-handedly destroy a village.
Jiraiya's Sage mode was first seen in a sketch the author drew years before part 2 started. Oh and the term Sannin was originally about 3 ninjas who could summon unstoppable godzilla-sized creatures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Please forgive me for not wading through that incoherent trainwreck. Which isn't meant as an insult to anyone in particular, I recall I added to it myself too.

Anyway, what are the more obvious "hints" that I seem to have missed?
There are a handfull of circumstantial hints. The foremost are the likeness of names, the similarity of jutsu with Kakashi's MS, the seemingly damaged body made up of Zetsu goo, the possible partially seen scars on his face, the very fact that the character Obito was introduced for a reason and now his knowledge of Kakashi and Gai. There was also the eye thing but then we know now that Tobi isn't exactly lacking in this department.
The main problem of this theory beside, as James put it, the sheer boringness of it all was that it made no sense for many reasons including a complete lack of motive, a huge difference in power, a completely different personality, a inexplicably vast amount of knowledge and many chronological inconsistencies like the fact that Tobi has been around since before Obito was even born.
But then it's a shounen world and the impossible is only marginally less likely than the normal.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote