View Single Post
Old 2012-11-25, 10:29   Link #65
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
I think it was too late for Kaidou and that Whitebeard had already made up his mind. Shanks was trying to avoid involving yet another Yonkou. Had Kaidou fought Whitebeard that would mean two weakened Yonkous with another (blackbeard) on his way. Its a guess.. Kaidou accompanying Shanks would mean 3 Yonkous involved. And who knows if they would all fight for the same thing anyways, Kaidou could have easily gone for Whitebeards head during the war..

Oh and even if Kaidou didn't have hostile intentions, that wouldn't matter. He was going to oppose Whitebeards will. That means war.
Whitebeard was unrelenting in his resolve, so it was too late for anyone to stop him. Kaido and Whitebeard weakening each other prior to the war most definitely could have been problematic, so that could explain why Shanks intervened.

Another thing to note is that Kaido has quite the fearsome wrath (according to one of his subordinates). With Whitebeard refusing to listen to whatever Kaido has to say, that would probably piss him off to the point where an actual battle would ensue. Shanks, with his good foresight, may have foreseen this, hence the reason why he stepped in.

All we could do at this time is speculate on what exactly happened between these 3 emperors. But my gut instinct tells me Kaido isn't a good person. Of course, I could very well be wrong. But like a few others have already mentioned, I would find it rather anti-climactic if Kaido doesn't turn out to be a villain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
It seems odd to introduce yet another Yonkou into the mix, before we've even gotten through a single one (not to mention Doffy).
Mihawk and Jimbei (just his name, affiliation, and status) were introduced before we even got to see Crocodile. Kuma and Doflamingo were introduced before we even got to see Moria. I don't see how this scenario is any different.