View Single Post
Old 2013-07-16, 00:48   Link #386
Flying Dagger
大巧不工

I personally think the separation is complete BS and just there to introduce drama.

I don't see how their relationship interfere with their career paths.

It does not even matter if the two of them have to be separated by distance, Jin and Misaki did just fine "staying together" (and even got married) while they are separated. What is so special about Sorata and Mashiro? Esp when the two of them pursuit entirely different fields.

Sakurasou also failed to tackle the other side of the coin. While the "normals" struggle to stand beside the geniuses, the geniuses also need to learn how to live together with people who are "inferior": because their natural talent easily hurt those around them unknowingly. Both Mashiro and Misaki already learned how they have pushed many away from experience, but what have they done while Sorata and Jin works their ass off while crashing and burning over and over in the process?

Personally I think the breakup+reunion end is just horrible writing. Something like, a fast forward in time where the sakurasou crew once again work together on the same project would be a lot more satisfactory, as it marks the growth of the characters - alas the bakas and geniuses can finally work together in harmony and see eye to eye.
Flying Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote