Thread: Crunchyroll Giant Killing (TV)
View Single Post
Old 2010-04-18, 18:42   Link #80
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Quote:
Originally Posted by destiny4everlove View Post
Well…I’m a bit confused tbh, and I'm still trying to find out if Tatsumi and Yuri are cousins. I know Yuri is the daughter of the barkeeper and the barkeeper is the younger brother of the President, but since Tatsumi called the President “old man” I thought he was his son but I’m not sure anymore...
Well, first of all, Yuri is not the daughter of the barkeeper (younger brother), as in the first episode she clearly called the VP (the one with black haired wig) uncle (ojii-san) and the president with the white hair father (oto-san). In the manga, the translation used is 'old man' at which I first thought that he meant that literally, addressing someone significantly older that him. One of the subs said father too, so it's still possible that Tatsumi is the president's son which would make him Yuri's older brother. There's no direct evidence to contradict this as far as I remember, but it's a bit strange the way they call Tatsumi with his family name if they're his family to begin with. Can anyone who understands Japanese checks the first ep? I can't quite catch what Tatsumi says, but it's clearly not oto-san..
Saturn Beaver is offline   Reply With Quote