View Single Post
Old 2011-10-07, 10:36   Link #2272
leukrota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Where was this stated in the novels? If there was no way high schools couldn't compete against middle schools, then there would be no way Touma could have faced Mikoto in the Daihaseisai. Even if it wasn't his own class, he and Tsuchimikado wouldn't have been able to blend in if the competition they snuck into had all middle schoolers.
I'll search for the reference later. Anyway, the Daihaseisai has a points system, as it's impossible to make all schools face each other considering the sheer number of them. Given this system, the bet was resolved with which school ranked better, it didn't matter if they faced each other directly or not.

And Touma and Tsuchimikado DID sneak into a competition of pure middle schoolers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Middle schools and Highschools competing has always been implied.
Where is it implied in the novels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashaman View Post
Hell, from this chapter its possible elementory schools compete against high schoolers. Please remember that these are ESPers. They are not normal schools and don't abide by common sense.
What I'm implying is that this chapter is inconsistent with the novels. It's senseless to use the chapter as reference against that argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Lol men... I'm just waiting for Sumeragi to show up... Ah what the heck, I'll do her a favor-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Just because you can't see it directly doesn't mean you can't see the difference. For example, you can still tell when some girls aren't wearing bras even when they're still fully covered with a shirt.
LOL, I didn't read that comment, seems like I asked the exact same thing.

Anyway, I think it's not the same with panties, unless you're wearing skin tight clothing... Of course, I don't really pay THAT much attention so maybe I'm wrong about this.

Then again, perhaps the the self awareness's effect is enough...

EDIT:
I stand corrected. I searched the novels myself and seems like high and middle schools can compete against each other... hmm, I could have sworn that it wasn't like that, oh well.

Last edited by leukrota; 2011-10-07 at 11:01.