View Single Post
Old 2012-05-03, 17:33   Link #39
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Actually, the Fate/Zero threads were relatively fine, and Madoka threads were actually really not that horrific either although there was a lot of debate about the anime itself, which is the whole point. I guess there was one set of major hiccups.

However, it varies from topic to topic, and there are definitely certain subforums where I would recommend gathering all the sub tanks and heart tanks before going in. In general, it's a bit dicey to voice a negative opinion in series with established fanbases, and adaptations increase the difficulty quite a bit, since people will pull it out as some kind of bible.

But that's not really the problem. It goes both ways. If someone spams the same thing about why a show sucks every week, then they really have no reason to be here. But at the same time, people need to understand that a lot of people don't hate shows or like shows wholesale. There's a bunch of 5-7/10 rating people that watch it because they have something to gain from watching it, and don't like other things. The constant barrage of strawman insults from either side is no good, either saying people who don't like the show have no taste or elitists, or saying people who like the show shouldn't be liking this kind of garbage doesn't provoke good discussion. Also people like or dislike something for a different reason so camps are stupid.

Unfortunately this is a nature of online discussion and besides hitting the report button to over the top posts there's not that much that can be done unless you want to change the mentality.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews