View Single Post
Old 2011-11-22, 18:56   Link #15
Random32
Also a Lolicon

1. I personally like characters dragging the plot along rather than plot dragging characters along if I had to choose. I really like Sola, I had little liking for its setting or plot, but I found the characters interesting enough to enjoy the show.

However, I think the shift however is not from plot to character, but rather from story to visuals. K-On! and things that attempt to be it aren't driven by characters, but rather character appearance. It doesn't even have to be SoL to see the shift from story to visuals, look at Guilty Crown as an example of this trend in action sci fantasy.

2. What's the point with all ages anyways? Most of the really good shows I can name even before Moe revolution/obviously don't participate in Moe madness were aimed at 18-40 males anyways, such as Serial Experiments Lain. Evangelion was "aimed" at children but Anno was a bit crazy and it got a bit controversial for being in a children target slot.

3. I would say its perceived. The Nostalgia filter coming up. Out of the entirety of anime before 2k, we don't seem to remember that much. What we remember tends to be good. I can wait for the next Madoka.

4. I would agree since there is definitely shifts in themes and genres.

5. I don't care if they are well developed interesting characters. This ties back in to my point about #1, its not from a certain type of character to another, but the shift from making a character well written to making a character cute.

6. Sexually explicit involving young looking characters. Lolicon FTW!!! Shota isn't my thing, but if you like it, I'll defend your right to do so until my death.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote