View Single Post
Old 2010-06-04, 10:16   Link #66
WINGZERO619
Hail pork!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchy View Post
thanks! yup I knew that I'm just using the same style on and on, specially at the K-on sig, I put to myself that I'll only use the same style on the same series (umineko is also c4d + floral, K-on is shattered c4d + swirl + musical)

I'm experimenting some style when I'm up to (sample was the ef sig and the SOTM for the last month) that style was using a natural bg and just a minor c4d, kinda different from my style.

again thanks for the advice
Well the thing with having the same style is that you build a foundation on what you know. Once you have a handle on it, then that's when you branch out. I started out with brushing and ended up with C4D. During my transition, I ventured out with mixing brushing and C4D. I think I coined it as C4B lol. Take your time. Again, there is always room for improvement on the works you do, but don't worry about trying new things. Take your time. I've been doing this gig for a couple of years and learned so much over time. I used to be like you and post up every time I could but it got boring. When I have the time, I like to critique and "coach" others who have so much potential and or need a little bit of inspiration on their work. You're doing a great job with what you're doing now. Keep up the good work!