View Single Post
Old 2012-01-01, 11:57   Link #34
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandalen View Post
I have no idea who most of the people are, or previous events in the novels but:

GO CHIWA! ~waves banner~

...then reality sets in and I realize this is a romance death flag so I go cry in a corner.
I'll fill in as best as I can, from memory.

Spoiler for Saeko:

Spoiler for Asoi Kaoru:

Spoiler for Akishino Himeka:

Spoiler for Fuyumi Ai:

Spoiler for Natsukawa Mana:

Hope I didn't miss out anyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starlol View Post
Some of my questions about the first volume.
I only read up to chapter 4. Reading chinese translated version.

Spoiler for Volume 1:

Thanks.
If you are already reading the Chinese translations, then I suggest you read on, since most of the answers will come as the story progresses. As to whether the story gets better or not, it depends on what you're looking for. In my opinion, the story gets better and for this particular genre, harem love comedy, I'll rate it 8 out of 10 for the following reasons:
Spoiler:

To answer your question, the club continues, as JiEn-Otsu (自作自演おつかれさま) is a core component which the author uses in the story for various situations and even character development.

As to whether it's heading for a Eita x Masuzu ending, you have to read it and judge for yourself.
Spoiler for my speculation:

Note that all these are purely speculative, and even though I try to point out some facts, I can't guarantee that I'm not being biased (even though I don't think I am ). If you can read the Chinese translations or the Japanese LNs, read them and make your own judgement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Larethian, you're a hero ... what a great way to start a new year!

Do you think you might find the time and nerve to touch down on the best earlier Masuzu scenes some day? Summaries are very helpful, but especially when it really counts, true translations are in a different league. And lord knows that this volume has been a huge treat!

Again, thanks!!
That is quite impossible because of:
(1) Time, which I don't have, I'll be retiring from LN translation this year, pretty soon.
(2) Motivation, which will allow me to create some time (though there are limits). In fact, I never planned to translate anything from volume 4 at first. It's because of how satisfying the last few chapters were, that I was motivated enough to take some time out to translate snippets of it. And volume 4 already has by far, the best of Masuzu.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote