View Single Post
Old 2007-06-03, 11:45   Link #43
JEEB
Bishoujo fanatic
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
A second thread, about reference discussion, could be opened at that point (open, unstuck) and perhaps it might be the ideal place to discuss whether there's a reference or not, sources, more infos etc.etc.
Let's say that at the end the purpose of the thread (other than discussing) would be to promote the informations worthy of being mentioned into the sticky.
In a way that could be a good idea... Of course it would need moderation (as every other thread on this forum, though...) and as others have mentioned, there would be many posts in the end that would contain information about things that are references to the usual Japanese lifestyle (slice-of-life) more than to some anime / manga / game / whatever, that would require saying "No, I don't think of that as a reference towards X, but to thing Y in the usual Japanese life". Not that it's a problem from a poster's viewpoint, though...

As for writing the text, it took about an-hour-and-a-half to read Suzuki Shuuta's thoughts about it, write that text in English with constantly looking at Google / Japanese Wikipedia / the current episode thread on Animesuki and to quickly QC it (although you can still find typos in it ) plus verify that those things actually match.

I think that the main work (translation and editing the Shuuta's page's contents to be compatible with the knowledge level of a usual gaijin) could be accomplished pretty easily with two-three people. And of course there being an open thread, people can always try to put their own ideas through. Nothing impossible.