View Single Post
Old 2012-11-27, 14:29   Link #513
Alastor Mobius Toth
Idar Lead

To be honest, Harper was intended as a homage; he isn't meant to be TIM himself, but alas, Cerberus is very much like CIA in Muv-Luv setting - in fact, MuvLuv reminds me very heavily of Mass Effect to begin with. (U.N is the Citadel, various nations are the aliens, BETAs are Reapers, Yuuko is more tech-savvy Javik). Anderson was pretty much thrown in there for lulz and more homage - it evolved from there. Granted though, it fitted just so well with what I was planning to do, that I couldn't resist myself.

Ultimately, the final villain of Comet will be someone completely different. If you really want to translate it into homage terms, said villain would be Harbinger meeting Kane high on Gendo Ikari. That's of course great simplification, and I'll probably work even more on them before they appear. So don't worry about spoilers.

Do worry about cast body count.

Also, TIM is the only western villain to use this kind of set up. We have latest incarnation of the Master from Dr. Who, Cigarette Smoking Man, Bob Page...

Also, now I want to write Yuuya Bridges super-spy saga for some reason.

"My name is Bridges. Yuuya Bridges" *walks up to Yui in sharp tux, whom he immediately scoops into his arms while riding off in Aston Martin.*

*Finds Cryska dressed in nothing but black tong when he gets back to his house.*
"Was that all you were wearing?"
"Yes!"
"And they say that Russia is a dour place" *takes off the tie, camera pans out*

-----

On topic: I think she would be amused. Stella seems like an easy-going person in this kind of matters. I'm sure she'd crack some joke, or try to subtly tease the OC.
Alastor Mobius Toth is offline   Reply With Quote