Thread: Licensed Girls und Panzer
View Single Post
Old 2013-08-15, 21:23   Link #7104
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I like how someone managed to turn a statement of "they did well for civilians playing tanks" to "they never panicked".
I'll just leave this here. Your words, not mine.
Quote:
That wasn't even close to "scattering like frightened chickens". I suppose this is where we have a difference in views: It could have been a lot worse, but how they handled it showed they had enough training. Anything less would have resulted in a greater catastrophe.
Quote:
Maybe it's because I've seen what actual panicking is like. Mileages might vary, as I said.
Quote:
What was "panic" in the eyes of the regular view was the correct response to the situation.
You were the one who was saying that they weren't panicking. That is the interpretation I get from your words.

Incidentally, I'll just note that you never said anything about them playing well for civilians playing at tanks. I was the one who first brought up, many pages prior, the fact that these are high school girls playing tanks.

The point stands, however, that compared to that Chally 2 crew, Black Forest's girls are panicking.
Quote:
But hey, it is the nature of hypocrites to twist everything to suit their needs.
Again, pot calling the kettle black; you've done the same before, and you're even doing it now.
I'm just going to quote what you posted on my Visitor Messages:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi
When the porcelain pot calls the iron kettle black, does that mean the pot is also black?

Not really, I just like using idioms against itself if possible to prove a point.

If you can think of a counter to the saying, then by all means, do say it. I like when people go against conventions and "majority" thought.
So it's okay for you to twist sayings around, but not okay for me? Hypocrisy much there, Sumeragi.

Again, as the saying goes, takes one to know one. So if you're accusing me of hypocrisy, well, do the math.

Quote:
Of course, uncultured people wouldn't know the difference.
If your definition of culture means: risking death and personal injury for the sake of victory; sees no danger in a tank falling into a river; and cannot differentiate between abandoning the weaker members of your team because it is inconvenient to help them, and your team voluntarily taking the bullet in a sacrificial play...

Then I want no part of your so-called culture.

Also, I find it remarkable that you've managed to turn this into a personal attack on me. A tacit acknowledgement that your position is indefensible, perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Some stuff from the final BD/DVD booklet apparently... which shows us just how crazy the Americans are in this world:

Do remember from the previous translations that the "Unlimited Class" is the one where anything goes unlike with traditional Senshado.
... Yeah, that settles it. Pimp My Tank is definitely a show on American TV there.

But still, jesus, fitting the 120mm smoothbore to an M4 hull? Mad genius. That said, if they're using WW2 style rounds, then I could see performance issues, since you need rifling to engage spin to stabilise the round, and since sabot rounds are banned, you lose the whole point of the gun. The 105 the use on the Challenger 2 or the old M1 Abrams would have been better.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote