View Single Post
Old 2007-12-01, 18:34   Link #97
Ray*

That's a very interesting thread.
Personally, I don't fit in none of the 4 categories. I'm from a country in Southern Europe and one day, in March 2005, I found a site dedicated to translation of manga from English into my native language and began editing and translating some projects. Sadly, that site couldn't gain much popularity and therefore I decided to stop. At the end of 2005, we had a meeting with other anime-fans in our city, and the girl who was the organizer, proposed to me to start translating anime instead in order to popularize it in our country. At first, I could only make translations from already timed scripts, but it didn't stop me to translate The Vision of Escaflowne (spring 2007). Then, I decided that I should teach myself in various programs, because I really wanted to make quality translations. I downloaded Aegisub and gradually I understood many tips and tricks which made my scripts really better. I also joined a fansub group (June 2007) that already had certain experience, and we are really giving our best in order to provide the fans in our country with quality releases. I even began learning how to make karaoke and, as of yesterday, I made one, albeit it's simple.
And that's my story in fansubbing, consisting only of self-study.
Ray* is offline   Reply With Quote