View Single Post
Old 2010-11-09, 03:11   Link #298
Frenchie
Shougi Génération
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Frenchie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
And what about everyone else? What about Shikamaru and Kiba and Ino and Shino and Hinata (oh, right...). As far as I could tell they were just standing around while the last Pain was raping Naruto's ass.
What about them? They just barely survived the attack thanks to Tsunade, and that same person, their commander-in-chief, was literally told to step down and go sip on some tea by Naruto (and did, though not sure about the tea part). I don't see this as a failure of the writer, Tsunade has always sought to give Naruto missions and keep him a ninja, and this was a big moment in order to establish the character as reliable (And prove the elders wrong).

As for that particular moment where Naruto got pinned down, a character did step in.

Considering that sage mode was the necessary prerequisite for Naruto to surpass Jiraiya and to be able to defeat Pain, anyone else joining in the fray would have been luggage.

I was one of several readers that wanted Shikamaru to join the fray, to me he was the only one with the will to get out there and fight but he had a broken leg.
Frenchie is offline   Reply With Quote