Thread: Diablo III
View Single Post
Old 2012-04-25, 16:31   Link #1241
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Didn't play Battlenet for Diablo II. My friend and I played LAN though. I ran around as a Necromancer to his Amazon. He's merc was the pally while mine was the rogue.

We did fine most of the time as he has a mage-tank and I had a gollum tank and some skeletons to allow us to stay at range. Or I'd just go in swinging with a wand for the hell of it.

This was before I discovered the usefulness of Corpse Explosion. We didn't find that out until the Cow Level. We did that after Act IV but before we tackled Act V (post-expansion) so the Cows just really kicked our ass for the most part. We could barely outrun them, and took forever to drop just one. I was running out of options. He couldn't keep arrowing them forever...so found a body of one we killed and dragged the pack over it and used the only spell left I hadn't really used....Blam....three or four Cows drop. (Whoa!). Blam, Blam, Blam.....all the cows drop. (Dude).

Don't think we'll have a moment like that in Diablo III. One, I doubt there will be a scaling overpowered spell like Corpse Explosion again, and Two, I think we'll know how to play this time around. As oppose to being practically noobs. Too much WoW to be a noob anymore.