View Single Post
Old 2017-05-07, 12:02   Link #25
Mister Twit

Wow what a casual bomb. Actually this is probably taking casual bombs to a new low.

I'm still processing whether doing it this way was a good idea or not. It certainly eschews the trope of "the big reveal" which is... interesting, at least? But my first reaction was to find it funny, which it honestly still is. Hilarious, even. Then it was like confusion. But nothing near "OMG." It's like the gravity of this isn't even real. It's a meaningless, formless, pointless, lightweight plot point and now we're moving on to the next stage. Was the intention to make it so easily dismissed after all the buildup?

Yes there's avoiding tropes, but there's also setup and engagement. Tropes exist because writers are always trying to do the best possible thing for each moment which can overlap and make it seem like they're copying each other (which some of them are). While I appreciate the attempt to be different, I don't know if it really worked to full effect here.

I guess I'll look forward to the next episode for now, but I have to admit this is becoming a bit of a tipping point in my overall excitement.
Mister Twit is offline   Reply With Quote