View Single Post
Old 2012-06-19, 04:42   Link #57
Westlo
Lets be reality

I still think RahXephon is the best thing Bones put out... don't know if I would want to see it touched again though...

FWIW duckroll has mentioned rumors of a sequel to Stranger.... and considering Ando is back @ Bones directing Zetsuen no Tempest... though while Stranger was an awesome flick for what it was it was a a pretty big bomba IIRC...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Isn't Bebop Sunrise, not BONES?
Of course, though Bones did in fact do the production of the Bebop movie but that's because most of the talented staff of Sunrise formed Bones in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
If it truly is a reboot it could be almost anything. Maybe they've decided enough time has passed to do something with Bebop, but that was pretty much done right the first time - and was never as popular in Japan (relatively) as it was in the West. Rahxephon is a series you could certainly see getting a reboot.
Even though this is obviously not Bebop since that's a Sunrise property (and if it did get rebooted Sunrise would handle it themselves at this point of time instead of needing Bones) I still feel the need to point out something. You seem to underestimate Bebop's popularity in Japan... you need to remember it still sold over 45k per volume, which is pretty much elite... better than K-ON! and Geass R2.... and considering only half the episodes even aired on tv during its original run... (and yes rereleases played a part but nearly 17k in the first run is still impressive and by itself would make it a Top 20 selling anime show prior to 2000... but it sold even more in rereleases doing another 28k.)

Last edited by Westlo; 2012-06-19 at 04:57.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote