View Single Post
Old 2007-10-02, 21:04   Link #75
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nine-Tails-Nin View Post
I gave it a one simply because this series was that: Painful.

Seriously, has there ever been a character made who amounted to a bigger pile of dog crap than Makoto? This guy gives all other Makoto's of the world a bad name. If I ever meet someone on the street named Makoto I'll probably punch him in the face.
Wouldn't that mean the series was "good" from a certain point of view since its characters managed to evoke such a strong reaction? Sure, the anime may have had other motives for doing so - simply to throw as much shock-value at the audience to provoke a reaction, but in the end those motives don't matter. They succeeded in making you hate the main character didn't they?

Besides, if you did that, you'd end up punching a whole lot of people - there are quite a lot of people who think and act the way he did, albeit not necessarily quite as extreme.

People get into multiple relationships and casual sex all the time in real life. Sad as it is, in reality, people do get raped daily, pregnant teenage mothers are abandoned daily, irresponsible immature brats get off scot-free all the time, and people do kill others daily. Obviously the anime simplified the psychology of it all, but isolated instances of all of the above occurs all the time. Life IS that messed up for many many people, and there are many HS boys who are as irresponsible as Makoto. It's just pure luck that they don't create consequences as extreme since most people don't behave the way the girls do in the anime.
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote