View Single Post
Old 2008-08-31, 08:48   Link #28
anime_layer
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to anime_layer
@Pandar
Ah, sorry I misunderstood you. I was thinking you were taking about the video window and not the player controls. Yes, that doesn't get reopened if you close it. I'll look into it for the next version.

The command line is called Terminal in OSX and you can find it in the Utilities folder inside the Applications folder. If you've copied MPlayer OSX Extended to your applications folder, you should be able to past the first part of what I posted above into the command line and then drag&drop a movie to the window. Finally hit enter to execute the command.

@Ryoujin
Ah, that's looks different from what I saw and definitely not how it should. ^^ I use f to switch from/to fullscreen and the the video zooms in/out just like in quicktime.

Framedrop: Only needed when you're computer is too slow to play a video. Sets how mplayer catches up if it's behind on decoding frames. Off tries to play all frames and will result in speed-ups when it tries to catch up. Soft discards some frames that are safe to leave out and makes the video jump to catch up. Hard is more aggressive as it will drop more frames and may cause distortion.

Deinterlace: Deinterlacing is needed for interlaced sources like DVDs or video captures. Most videos on the internet are either not interlaced or already deinterlaced. This is a science by itself. There are many different approaches with different advantages and problems. Here are some comparisons for the mplayer filters:
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/...ch/004815.html
http://guru.multimedia.cx/deinterlacing-filters/

Postprocessing: I think the options speak for themselves. You'll have to see for yourself if you see any difference between the options and if it makes up for the speed loss .

Last edited by anime_layer; 2008-08-31 at 09:00.