View Single Post
Old 2004-04-22, 11:01   Link #9
atua

I'd put in screenshots, but I feel it's mostly pointless because the amount of identical lines was just so high. Ignoring regional spelling differences (English vs American spelling, eg realise vs realize) that occured in a few sentences the only differences that I could see in the script from the first half of the first episode between the AS-L and A-F versions are:

ASource-Lililicious version vs Anime-fin version
  • I'm a first-year student, Fukuzawa Yumi vs I'm a freshman student, Peach-group, Fukuzawa Yumi.
  • So... vs Well then...
  • The Lillian Girls' School is a garden for maidens... vs The Lillian Girl's Academy is a garden for maidens... (The OP scene lines were taken from A-L's corrected version found in the later episodes)
  • You should tie your scarf in a proper knot vs You should make sure that your scarf is tied in a proper knot.
  • Ogasawara Sachiko-sama is the star of Lillian Girls' School vs Ogasawara Sachiko-sama is the star of Lillian Girl's Academy.
  • She beat out the second years vs She beat out the juniors.
  • A first-year student who deliberately walked by Sachiko-sama with her scarf undone... vs A freshman who deliberately walked by Sachiko-sama with her scarf undone...
  • Sachiko-sama is famous for hating slovenly dress vs Sachiko-sama is known to dislike improper dressing.
  • You know that I'm in the Photography Club vs You know that I'm in the photography club, right?
  • By the way, the title is "Training." vs By the way, the title is "Teaching Discipline.".
  • Even I think the leaders of the Yamayurikai are frightening vs Even to me the leaders of the Yamayurikai are frightening.
  • Shimako-san is Rosa Gigantea en bouton, so it's completely natural for her to be here vs Shimako-san is Rosa Gigantea en bouton, so it's natural that she would be here.
  • The Yamayurikai is what at normal schools is called the Student Council vs The Yamayurikai is what in normal schools is called the student council.
  • The official officers are Rosa Chinensis, Rosa Foetida and Rosa Gigantea, the three Roses vs The official lead members are Rosa Chinensis, Rosa Foetida and Rosa Gigantea, the three Roses.
  • No, this is fine vs No, I'm fine.
  • Rosa Foetida, if Sachiko has already decided, then this isn't the time to debate it vs Rosa Foetida, if Sachiko has already decided, then there is no more need to argue over it.
  • What? vs <Nothing added>

To give this some perspective, there were a total of 127 sentences in the first half of Episode 1. There are 17 changes listed above; the remainder of the lines are IDENTICAL. And as you can see for yourself, even the lines that have changed are mostly just "find and replace" changes, rather than a change in sentence structure, meaning or interpretation of the line.

Last edited by atua; 2004-04-22 at 11:26.