Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2013-01-13, 06:09   Link #2686
night_sentinel

With Awai's true power revealed. I now think that she is worthy of the monster player title - like Koromo her abilities really has a good synergy.

On the other hand, I still don't think that Saki would be in trouble if she plays 100%. Well, more than necessary.

The thing about Awai's double riichi is it essentially locks her hands down. And if I have to make a list on ways how to survive a mahjong battle against Saki, one of the top things I'll put is to never lock your hands. With Saki's table control locking your hands is a very bad idea and may be asking for a set-up for a direct hit. Just look at what happened to Toyone.

Anyway, the problem here is how long Awai will be getting her winning tile after she called a double riichi. The worse case scenario would be next turn. Lol
I do believe, even Saki would have a hard time with that.

Though, even if this is the case, Saki has a way out of it. If Saki manages to survive that by hypothetically calling to change the draw order so Awai will not win next turn. Then, it is only matter of time before Saki strikes back since Awai is essentially dead on the water with her riichi. I think this would fit Awai a lot since like her namesake she is incredibly strong at first but she fades as time goes on or as the turn of the match goes on. Of course, the problem here is surviving her onslaught which is a tall order for most players.

Anyway, this is against Saki who is canonically really really broken. Currently I believe most of the players at the table is screwed especially if Awai is going to win next turn.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote