View Single Post
Old 2012-12-24, 15:53   Link #3818
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

I'd like some impressions on minori's latest VN when possible. I loved Ef very much including the drama, but found in retrospec Winds only okay-ish. Hence, I'm a bit wary of Natsuzora no Perseus. 1) The vndb tag of dramatic love triangle. If it's dramatic, BUT doesn't get (or doesn't feel) dragged out too much it'll be acceptable. Same for the MC. If he's a total donkan (like in Winds during Minami's route) that's fine as long as it won't be pushed into one's face at every possible time. And I'd like to know if it has the Winds story structure of most of the game (comedy) school life and feeling-wise the last half to last quarter suddenly shifting to some dark-ish atmosphere witout (too much) of a warning.

Otherwise: I've played a bit Koiken Otome. It's also okay-ish with a theme (during the common route) of hard work > talent. Given that the MC has an exceptional special ability "power level", but can't use said ability at the beginning (him being a combat supporter is nice). Heroine 1 comes from a hero-ish legacy, but isn't very strong (hence her putting much effort into training) and heroine 2, who's the most talented of the class, but won't get serious in combat. Ironically the heroine from the rival school calling them "Hetare trio" is quite fitting Anyway, while the game has a few good ideas, I feel as if a something is missing somehow.
Still, Yuzu is adorable. Being the only non-fighter she's the main reason why the protagonist is able to survive in a battle by himself. Thanks to Yuzu's technical douryoku-support devices.