Thread: Crunchyroll Saki
View Single Post
Old 2009-03-21, 19:34   Link #105
Falkor

If you are trying to learn mahjong, I strongly suggest that you play an actual game with other people. Playing mahjong on the computer or against the computer is not really the same. I haven't played mahjong in 4 years (it's time consuming in my case), but I must say that nothing can be more fun or entertaining than playing the game itself--it's surprisingly addictive once you get the hang of it.

I'm not sure of this fact, but from my personal observation, I get the impression that mahjong is already a popular game--at least in China, where my family1 comes from (I haven't been in China, though). On the other hand, I don't think this show is going to increase the interest in the game because, well, if you look at the manga, it has no intentions of "promoting" mahjong, as opposed to: "assuming" that you already know how to play so you can follow the story along those lines. However, this shouldn't be an impediment to enjoy this anime because of the other selling point...

And yeah, I think there are going to be more yuri undertones than lolis in this show... :P
1. my whole family knows how to play mahjong, even grandma does...
Falkor is offline   Reply With Quote