Thread: Umi no Misaki
View Single Post
Old 2009-04-19, 05:23   Link #281
Arturro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tri-ring View Post
Yup, that very much sums it up.
Remember the basis of the Dragon god/Misaki no Miko belief within this story is an ethnological ritual isolated on an island where the people still holds true to that belief system similar to Tibetian Buddhism believing that each Dali Lama is an reincarnating soul of the original.

One thing I notice that is different is that the madiens are offered as servants in which the dragon god selects one or more as his wife since Nagi's mother once selected as the Misaki no Miko later left the island to marry Nagi's father later to give birth to Nagi. Which I do not understand the dynamics of.
I suppose there is "time limit" for each maiden. It's not smart, on a isolated island, "to lose" 3 young women in each generation. So when they mature enought (probably mid twenties) they stop to be a maiden, and can marry ang give birth. As we've seen, there is about 10 girls on whole island, so excluding 1/3 of womens from reproducition is unnacceptable.

I don't understand, why Nagi have to choose one of them as his lover. All 3 girs already are his wives. Human laws do not apply to gods, so why Nagi couldn't have 3 wives?
Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote