View Single Post
Old 2009-12-06, 23:20   Link #131
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
To be fair, Sunrise didn't bring Ali back; the 00 staff decided to keep him alive, seeing how we saw him in the season 1 epilogue. Sunrise isn't always the culprit whenever a character previously thought to be dead comes back, you know.
To be even fairer they never really bring back any characters from the dead and that's more internet exagerration since all that's really happened is the characters were never dead to begin with and it's the viewers own damn fault for assuming they were. The only example I can think of where a character was in an impossible situation and survived is Mwu La Flaga in Seed who's damn mobile suit blew up for crying out loud. Other characters have been MIA and presumed dead (Nunally, Cornelia) or just plain not dead and not in a handful of episodes (Jeremiah), but that hasn't stopped people from claiming they were just to bitch when they show up again for the sake of creating DORAMA.

My favourite still has to be Nunally where they clearly presented a decoy ship and tons of hints that she was fine and then proceeded to say so when she turned up alive and rather than people going back and watching the episode and going "Oh yeah I didn't notice that before but it's there" they immediatelywent on a "GRRRRR SUNRISE CHARACTER RESURRECTION GRRRRRRRRR!" bender. Like I said a couple pages ago, real mature....

The one thing I'll agree with though is they kind of used the bait and switch death thing too many times with Code Geass to the point where I can see why some people became cynical about it. Still doesn't mean it's the same for every one of their shows though if people would bother to watch them.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote